Welcome to Wisconsin Hunting.
- Is holding vigil over a line of canvasback decoys on Pool 9 of the Mississippi River your idea of heaven?
- Do you remember how hard your heart pounded when, after a nine year wait for a kill tag, the lone bear you were hoping for stepped out of the woods like a silent shadow and into the bait with 10 minutes left of legal light?
- Do you consider the spring turkey hunt the start of the great winter break-out and a stroke of genius that cut your wait for big game hunting in half?
- Is your dog’s imitation of a statue over a ruffed grouse on the northern forest floor still a reason for personal pride even though it was God that gave her the gift to point?
- Maybe you couldn’t care less about a bird dog but you know your beagle is going to usher that bunny right back to you, and your sense of pride is every bit as deep.
- Maybe, waiting for the great equalizer; the whitetail rut, so that you can actually have a crack at that monster buck is cause for memories, anticipation, and quiet talk among friends even in boat on a hot July day.
Regardless. This is Wisconsin. You hunt. We hunt. Let’s hunt.